Saturday, September 18, 2010

Home School Daze

We have been homeschooling for almost a month now and it is still going great. We do have days where my son does not stay on task and he is unfocused, but he is 4 what would you expect? Anyway, I have been trying to come up with some fun and exciting learning activities to give him a rest from so much "book work". Today, we mixed primary colors of paint and made orange and green. We also were discussing how liquids can become solids today and we made Jello. On yesterday, we practiced our letter of the week by making the letter with our finger in a plate of whipped cream and then I allowed him to eat a little of it.

My son is still continuing to learn so much and he really enjoys school. I am just trying to find more ways to keep him interested and excited.

Today, I was overjoyed! My son has been learning to write since we began school. Today, he asked me how to spell "daddy" and he wrote it all by himself (and very well, might I add). I was a proud mommy! It still amazes me how much material we cover and what he picks up in such a small period of time. I really love this!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that the home-schooling is going so good! Being able to be provided with the necessary attention, encouragement, and motivation is what ALL children need.... I am convinced that we can't just leave it up to other people to raise our seeds (especially if we're able to do it ourselves).....because who else is it on this earth that know our children better than we do?
    If no one else has said it, then let me be the first to say..... that, I am really proud of you for taking control over what is yours and attempting, hopefully with much success, to mold your children into intelligent and productive human beings.....
    The road won't always be easy, but continue to be encouraged and always remember, that for now, you hold the power and the keys to the success that you want for your children!!!
    Love You Guys/Gals Always
    P.S. I love your music selection(s)!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Chu! You and your boys are great examples of how wonderful home schooled kids/parents turn out. Seeing the wonderful job that you have done, made me want the same for my kids. Thank you for all of the help and information. I love you!

    ReplyDelete