Thursday, January 19, 2017




Power Question: What are some of your most annoying questions regarding homeschooling? 

Answer: I don't know if they are annoying anymore! I think that I have gotten used to them at this point! However, here are the most common ones...

1. When are you going to send them to regular school? Surely, they can't be getting a quality education at home! I mean, the experiment has to end at some point, right (I am being sarcastic by the way)? I often want to ask them when they are going to take their kids out of public school to homeschool? The nice half of myself usually takes over before I have a chance, though.
2. What about them being able to socialize? This one always makes me smile. I think people often visualize homeschooling as being locked up in the house all of the time. Being able to be out in the world, talking to all age groups, participating in groups, joining clubs, making friends, is all socialization! You don't need a traditional classroom to do it!
3. This one is not so much a question as it is an action! I am annoyed when people quiz my kids after discovering that they are homeschooled (because putting kids on the spot by asking them questions that may not even be grade level equivalent is such an accurate measure)! Do I quiz you to see if your education was adequate? I am thinking of telling my kids that they have permission to quiz them back! LOL
Whatever the question, homeschooling is still considered to be out of the norm, so you learn patience! You also learn how important it is to educate those who don't understand homeschooling!
See you next week! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment