Monday, August 30, 2010

Homeschooling Works!





We finished our first full week of homeschool and I love it! I feel so "in charge" of my son's education. I know that everyone differs on this subject, but it is working for my family. I have set up a curriculum that fits my sons needs. Some of the Pre-K work is not challenging enough, so I just incorporate Kindergarten work to give him a bit more of a challenge. My son loves school and learning!

We have school Wednesday-Sunday, because my husband works this schedule and I wanted to leave some days for "family time" and to run errands. So, Monday actually started his weekend and he asked if he could have school? I had to explain to him that he needed a little time to recharge and rest (Mommy, too). I couldn't be more pleased. To know that I am helping to build a "love for learning" in my son is a great feeling.

Now, if I can just find a way to keep my 1 year old involved and interested while I am teaching my son.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you Tracy!! School was wonderful today in the James household =D

    ReplyDelete