Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thrifty Tip of the Week


Thrifty Tip of the Week.

If you are like me and you do a lot of laundry, then you know how expensive it can get. My husband and I love the fresh scent of the laundry detergent and fabric softener. On the other hand, my kids have eczema and sensitive skin. So, we have to purchase two separate detergents...one for us and a clear, fragrance free for them.

Want to know how you can save a lot of money, but still have fresh, clean clothes...

Use Baking Soda and Apple Cider Vinegar! The baking soda is sold in the laundry section in a very large box for about $2 and Apple Cider is around $5 for the large container. Add about a half cup of baking soda and apple cider vinegar per load. Your clothes will come out fresh and clean and for those with sensitive skin, it will not irritate your skin. The baking soda will also brighten your whites and remove stains without having to use bleach. Apple cider vinegar is also a natural bacteria killer (I use it to clean sometimes, as well.

How much could you save from switching...$10 a month or $100 a year!! I haven't completely switched, because I love the scent of the detergent. However, to save money I am going to take my own advice...LOL

2 comments:

  1. Good advice!! :) I just might try that. Didn't know you could use baking soda in your laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Heather! Yes, you can. Actually, the whites come out much whiter and fresher! Try it and see...:-)

    ReplyDelete