Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Note to Self....









never put limits on my kids. DJ (my 4 year old) will be attending Georgia Cyber Academy this Fall and has been completing some online summer school lessons. Well, they usually divide these lessons into grade levels; K-2, 3-5, and 6-8. My son decided that he wanted to give the grade 3-5 lesson a try, and I told him that it would be too difficult for him. He insisted that he wanted to try, and so I finally gave in. The result? Not only did he complete the lesson, he did with great accuracy! 


The lesson that I learned from this situation is to NEVER put limits on what they can do. My 2 year old is asking me to teach her to tie her shoes. Thinking that she has plenty of time, I haven't been taking her very seriously. I mostly just thought of how cute her desire to learn this task is. However, now I am going to take it seriously and actually teach her.


It amazes me how much children can really teach us:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment