Sunday, February 27, 2011

Out with the New and In with the Old....













Are you struggling to teach your preschooler to read or just need to improve their reading skills? I think that I have found the answer.

My 4 year old son has been learning reading concepts for a few months, but could never grasp how to actually read. Well, I checked out the 1950's book..."Dick and Jane" and he is reading through this book at record speed. I went over a few words and then I read through the story with him. After that, he was reading the book entirely on his own. I thought that he might be memorizing some of the book, so I mixed it up a little. I discovered that he is actually recognizing and reading the book!

The great thing about this book is that it introduces a new word with each new chapter, but it also reinforces the learned words. This gives the child an opportunity to learn the words with repetition, while adding to their vocabulary.

Try this book out and see if works for you and your child!

No comments:

Post a Comment